We hope this finds you and your family in good health.
Here at Bax Dental, we have been opening the practice, with different shifts of staff, every morning to help those patients in need. However, due to the current situation, have had to postpone routine dental appointments on a week by week basis, contacting you by telephone where possible.
We have spoken personally to many of you and will continue to contact you throughout lockdown.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few weeks, and we are sure all of us will be looking forward to resuming a semblance of normal life again. Piecing guidance from government together with discussions with colleagues and the British Dental Association we are getting the practice ready to continue your dental care.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We already operate a gold standard of cross infection control at the practice for patient and staff safety, however in the light of recent events, you may notice some changes at your next appointments as we adapt the way we work to reduce risks as much a possible.
These will be updated as guidance changes.
To keep safe, we will be asking for your understanding and compliance while we introduce the following changes before your appointment:
- Staff will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the surgery and we may need to take your temperature.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We may ask you to wait in your car until we are ready to see you.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before your appointment. This will be available in the reception area.
- The reception area will appear very minimal to allow for disinfection.
- There will be longer wipe-down periods between patients.
- We will be using additional PPE to protect both staff and patients.
- High suction vacuum aspiration has been used in Dentistry for years but we are now looking at an air extraction system that can clear the content of a surgery in 3 minutes.
- Routine procedures where possible will be performed under rubber dam limiting the production of aerosols.
Please be reassured your dental practice is one of the cleanest environments around and, we hope you will still see, the friendliness despite the changes outlined.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient and member of staff, safe in our practice.
We will be booking all patients that we have had to postponed appointments or awaiting our help as soon as we can. We are already planning extra sessions to see those patients who have been affected.
If you have an emergency please call 01625 613322 and listen to options for advice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours and friends as soon as we can.
Bax Dental Team